Monday 14 May 2018

2018 challenge: Back to the Classics

Well, I am back at last! It's been too long that I've been absent and I have missed it greatly...
I long to write again about the books I'm reading -- but I also miss the challenges.  
(I know that I'm way too late to sign up, but nevertheless I will try to participate - it's too much fun not to...)





Karen is hosting the

2018 challenge: Back to the Classics

challenge, and I'm still cautious and have (only) indicated 9 categories for which I intend to read books - obviously, if all goes well, there will be more:

  1. A 19th Century Classic:  Cranford, by Elizabeth Gaskell
  2. A 20th Century Classic:Animal Farm, by George Orwell
  3. A Classic by a Woman Author: The Tennant of Wildfell Hall, by Anne Brontë
  4. A Classic in translation: The Invisible Man, by H. G. Wells
  5. A Children's Classic: Charlotte's Web, by E. B. White
  6. A classic travel or journey narrative:  Travels with my aunt, by Graham Greene
  7. A classic with a color in the title:  The woman in white, by Wilkie Collins
  8. A classic by an author that's new to you: A Streetcar Named Desire, by Tennessee Williams
  9. Re-read a classic: Lady Chatterly's lover,  by D.H. Lawrence

One other category I'm interested in is the Classic that scares me, and here I want to go through my wishlist and see which title could entice me...

2 comments:

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...