Saturday 12 May 2012

Weekend cooking - tuna pasta sauce



There's no lying about it - when in a hurry, the only thing that I can manage to cook and to feed people is pasta.  And while I make batches of bolognese sauce to freeze, or keep portion-size batches of bacon ready for my carbonara, I do want to have some variety in my pasta sauce - even when I'm starving and have to eat NOW. 

I've always enjoyed tuna pasta sauce but until recently had not succeeded in getting a substantial one, something that will cover my pasta nicely and give me all the comfort I need.  Until this one, that is, which was tried and tested several times to get it right.  It's not a light sauce, so not for every day consumption, but it is super-quick and easy - and I guarantee it will provide shelter from whatever ailment you have...


Tuna pasta sauce


1 small shallot, finely chopped
70gr each plain and herb cream cheese spread
100gr cooking cream
130gr tinned tuna, broken up in small pieces
parsley, to serve

In medium heat, slightly brown the shallot in some butter.  Add cream cheeses and cream.  Stir and add tuna.  Stir again, add salt/pepper to taste. Just before serving, add the parsley.  I used spaghetti, but pappardelle would also be great in this sauce.  It will normally serve 2 people, but my latest experience showed that it is actually for 1 1/4  hungry people...    


This post is my entry into Weekend Cooking, a weekly event hosted by Beth Fish Reads.

14 comments:

  1. sounds like a great comfort food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks yummy! We make a quick tuna pasta dish, but it's not really a sauce -- more of a casserole, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so easy and good. Perfect for a busy night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I truly think you can put almost anything in cream cheese and pour it over pasta and tastes wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet this is great. It seems like a more sophisticated version of something that my mom used to make in the 60s that we really liked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy, this sounds good - but wicked too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. too wicked! but don't we deserve such moments??

      Delete
  7. well, I never met a pasta I did not like...lol

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...