Tuesday, 11 December 2012

Challenge ahead: Back to the Classics

(did I say I wanted to go easy on the challenges in 2013??? no...)

For the third year in a row, Sarah reads too  much hosts one of my first challenges and which is still very close to my likes, Back to the Classics.  It may sound slightly nerdy, but what I just love about this challenge is the search to find that perfect title to match the categories Sarah sets.  I have included some of my picks for my Classics Club list, but, being the bookeater that I am, I've also included new Classics -typical...


My intentions so far:


  • A 19th Century Classic:  Mary Elizabeth Braddon - Lady Audley's secret
  • A 20th Century Classic: Edith Wharton - House of Mirth
  • A Pre-18th or 18th Century Classic:  Sophocles - Antigone
  • A Classic that relates to the African-American Experience: Maya Angelou - I know why the caged bird sings
  • A Classic Adventure: Arthur Conan Doyle - Sherlock Holmes:  A Scandal in Bohemia
  • A Classic that prominently features an Animal:  George Orwell - Animal Farm


Optional Categories:

  • Re-read a Classic: (many to choose from)
  • A Russian Classic: Fyodor Dostoyevski - Crime and Punishment
  • A Classic Non-Fiction title:  Charles Darwin - On the origin of Species
  • A Classic Children's/Young Adult title:  Jonathan Swift - Gulliver's travels
  • Classic Short Stories: Edgar Allan Poe - The Black Cat, The Masque of the Red Death, The Fall of the House of Usher

6 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad to have you in on the challenge again! I like the idea of Poe's short stories... I may do that too, as I have a couple on my Classics Club List :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent - we can compare notes!

      Delete
  2. I don't think I'll be doing challenges next year - since I failed them all this year! - but if I was this one would be veeerryy tempting! I love anything with categories, really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's nothing wrong with not fully succeeding! Go on, have a challenge!

      Delete
  3. I am joining in on Sarah's challenge this year too. Looking forward to what seeing what you read and review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Tanya! Good luck!

      Delete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...