Monday 14 January 2013

This is not fiction challenge

This is the year that I'll really get out of my comfort zone - I'll tackle non-fiction (I've always read it, but not to this extent) and I'll have a go at religious texts.

For the first adventure, I'll subscribe to Birgit's This isn't Fiction challenge, and opt for the Kindergarten level (...) - 5 books:

Charles Darwin - On the origin of species

Adam Hochschild:  King Leopold's Ghost

Edmund de Waal:  The Hare with the Amber Eyes

Simon Sebag Montefiore - Jerusalem

Mark Mazower:  Salonica, City of Ghosts

6 comments:

  1. Let me extend a warm welcome to the challenge! I see you already made your reading choices and picked some really impressive books :-) so happy reading to you then!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous14/1/13

    The Hare with Amber Eyes is a great book, it is really interesting and de Waal is an excellent storyteller. Hope you like it! Good luck with the other books too - I always struggle to read non fiction so I should probably make more of an effort to read it as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks - yes, I know the feeling ;-)

      Delete
  3. Sounds really interesting. I've been meaning to read Origin of Species. Interested to see your review =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's the least provocative of the books...

      Delete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...